Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Events Assistant will assist the Asst. Director of Events with the planning and execution of all Member based events as well as events related to the Florida Blue Florida Classic, Volunteer Program and the two bowl games.
Assist in all aspects of our events including but not limited to: project research, event set-up and breakdown, vendor management as well as any other duties assigned.
The Events Assistant will coordinate and or assist with the following Events:
- Selection Dinner
- Feast on the 50
- Florida Blue Florida Classic Kick-Off Luncheon
- Florida Blue Florida Classic Battle of the Bands
- Tablegate Hospitality Tent
- Bowl Game Player Events
- Athletic Director’s Dinner
- VIP Welcome Receptions
- Volunteer Program Kickoff Party
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Minimum two (2) previous internship within the sports industry and event hospitality/management field
- Academic background in Sport Management, Hospitality and Event Management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
- Willingness and ability to lift moderate to heavy objects
- Self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
This is a seasonal position and runs from Monday, August 14, 2017 – Wednesday, January 3, 2018. The position requires up to forty hours per week with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.