Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Florida Blue Florida Classic Assistant will assist the Director of Game Operations and Assistant Director of Events with the planning and execution of all the events surrounding the Florida Blue Florida Classic and will assist with additional Florida Citrus Sports events.
Assist in all aspects of our events including but not limited to: project research, event set-up and breakdown, vendor management as well as any other duties assigned.
The Florida Blue Florida Classic Assistant will assist with the following Events:
- Florida Blue Battle of the Bands
- Florida Classic Fan Fare
- Florida Blue Florida Classic Kick-Off Luncheon
- Florida Blue Florida Classic
- Florida Citrus Parade
- Feast on the 50
- Camping World Bowl
- Citrus Bowl
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Previous work or internship in event planning, marketing and promotions, and public relations preferred
- Academic background in Business, Sport or Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
- Willingness and ability to lift moderate to heavy objects
- Self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
This is a seasonal position and runs from Monday, September 5, 2017 – Wednesday, January 3, 2018. The position requires up to forty hours per week with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.