Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Florida Citrus Parade Assistant will assist the Customer Relations & Event Manager with the planning and execution of the Florida Citrus Parade and will be responsible for implementing a variety of initiatives.
- Manage Parade Entry Coordination, including research, recruitment and management of approximately 45 entries.
- Identify and recruit approximately 600 volunteers from across Central Florida for the citrus float build to attach over 100,000 pieces of citrus fruit to the floats.
- Manage the volunteer relationship from start to finish: communicate with all volunteers, maintain volunteer database, coordinate volunteer registration and thank all volunteers.
- Manage vendor relationships with external vendors including: the production team, syndication team, grandstand company and City of Orlando.
- Coordinate day-of logistics for the four-day Florida Citrus Parade Float Building Expo. Work with various vendors to ensure event runs smoothly.
- Manage the Downtown Awareness for businesses and organizations throughout Orlando affected by the parade route.
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Minimum one (1) previous internship within the sports industry or event hospitality field
- Academic background in Sport Management, Event & Hospitality Management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
- Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Willingness and ability to lift moderately heavy objects
- Self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
This is a seasonal position and runs from Monday, August 1, 2017 – Friday, January 12, 2018. The position requires up to forty hours per week with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.