Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: June 16, 2017
The Team Hospitality Intern will assist the Sr. Director, Customer Relations/Operations with all aspects team and university hospitality. The assistant will provide support for team hospitality projects in advance of team selection and arrival, culminating in a variety of events and activities during bowl week.
The Team Hospitality Assistant will provide support in preparation for and execution of the following:
- Coordination with partner hotels, theme parks and other pertinent vendors
- Publication of the bowl team operations manual
- (4) Kid’s Night Out events at the team hotels
- Food and beverage deliveries to VIP Suites and Players suites
- Theme park ticket tracking and distribution
- Fulfillment of team and VIP credentials
- Delivery and tracking of team and VIP gifts
- Site visit presentations and activities (week of Dec. 4)
- Set-up and staffing of Athletic Director VIP suites on game days
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent computer skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Organization, initiative, and the ability to get things done are essential. This person will interact with a variety of people and represent FCSports accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong writing/proofreading
- Enrollment in a degree program for Sport Management, Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management or related field
- Experience in events or hospitality a plus
- Knowledge of college football and football conferences
- Knowledge of local community and Orlando area
- Clean driving record
This is a seasonal position and runs from Monday, September 5, 2017 – Wednesday, January 3, 2018. The position requires up to twenty hours per week through December 1 with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. Candidates should be prepared and willing to work full time (forty hours per week) from approximately December 4, 2017 until Wednesday, January 3, 2018. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.