Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Team Host Interns will be responsible for all aspects of one of four VIP Hospitality Suites provided for the coaches, athletic department staff and University administrators staying at the team hotel. The Team Host Intern will be a part of the Team Hosts and Hospitality Committee and will serve as an ambassador for the two college bowl games.
The Team Host Intern will stay in the team hotel and is responsible for setting up and breaking down the VIP Hospitality suite at the assigned Team hotel. The intern will staff the suite from 5:30pm-midnight each night the team is in town. Additional duties include:
- Serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Restock the bar and replenishing food as needed
- Providing local restaurant and theme park information to VIP guests
- Calling/faxing replenishment orders each day to Catering staff
- Coordinating suite clean up with Housekeeping staff
- Coordinate daily VIP gift delivery and room drops with Bell Captain
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent customer service skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, environment. Organization, initiative, and the ability to get things done are essential. This person will interact with a variety of people and represent Florida Citrus Sports appropriately.
- Enrollment in a degree program for Sport Management, Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management or related field
- Experience in food service or hospitality a plus
- Knowledge of college football and football conferences
- Knowledge of local community and Orlando area
- Clean driving record
This is a seasonal position and the start dates are dependent upon team arrivals. Candidates should be prepared and willing to work full time from approximately December 22, 2017 until Jan. 2, 2018. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $9/hr.