Type: Seasonal, Hourly; part-time (20hrs/week) September 6- November 1; full-time (40hrs/week) November 1 – January 13, 2023
The Events Intern will assist the Director of Events and the Volunteer and Events Coordinator with the planning and execution of all member-based events as well as events related to the Florida Classic, the Cheez-It Bowl and the Vrbo Citrus Bowl.
Assist in all aspects of our events including but not limited to: project research, event set-up and breakdown, as well as any other duties assigned.
The Events Intern will assist with the following events:
- Member Events:
- Feast on the 50
- Member Outings
- Yoga on the Field
- Florida Blue Florida Classic
- Florida Classic Battle of the Bands
- Florida Classic Kick-Off Luncheon
- Florida Classic Night of Distinction
- Pop Warner Championship
- Pop Warner Football Championships
- Pop Warner Cheer and Dance Championships
- Cheez-It & Vrbo Citrus Bowl
- Hospitality Tent
- Bowl Game Player Events
- Day for Kids
- Pep Rallies
- VIP Welcome Parties
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Minimum one (1) previous internship within the sports industry or event Hospitality field
- Academic background in Sport Management, Hospitality and Event Management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy event supplies frequently up to 25 pounds
- Self-motivated, team player with enthusiasm and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Clean driving record and the ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
This is a seasonal position and runs from Tuesday, September 6, 2022 – Friday, January 13, 2023 Candidates must be able to commit to working full time from approximately September 1, 2022 until January 13th. The position will be paid hourly and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development, and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position stipulated in the subject line. Positions will be open until filled.