Type: Seasonal, Hourly; part-time (20hrs/week) June 1 – August July 31; full-time (40hrs/week) August 1 – January 12, 2024
The Events Intern will assist the Senior Director of Events and the Events Assistant with the planning and execution of all member-based events as well as events related to the Florida Blue Florida Classic, Cheez-It Bowl and the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl.
Assist in all aspects of our events, including but not limited to: project research, event set-up and breakdown, as well as any other duties assigned.
The Events Intern will assist with the following events:
- Member Events:
- Feast on the 50
- Selection Dinner
- Florida Cup
- Camping World Kickoff
- Pregame Hospitality
- Florida Blue Florida Classic
- Florida Classic Night of Distinction
- Florida Classic Fanfest
- Pop Warner Championship
- Pop Warner Cheer and Dance Championships
- Cheez-It Bowl & Cheez-It Citrus Bowl
- Hospitality Tent
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Minimum one (1) previous internship within the sports industry or event hospitality field
- Academic background in Sport Management, Hospitality and Event Management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to lift moderate-to-heavy event supplies frequently up to 25 pounds
- Self-motivated team player with enthusiasm and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Clean driving record and the ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
This seasonal position runs from Thursday, June 1, 2023 – Friday, January 12, 2024. Candidates must be able to commit to working full time from approximately August 1, 2023, until January 12, 2024. The position will be paid hourly and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development, and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position stipulated in the subject line. Positions will be open until filled.