Finance Operations Coordinator
Type: Full Time, Hourly
The Finance Operations Coordinator reports to the Finance Operations Manager and will oversee the day-to-day functions of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process associated with the Florida Blue Florida Classic, the Florida Cup, member-based events, Pop-Tarts Bowl, Cheez-it Citrus Bowl and all other Florida Citrus Sports events. This position will also be responsible for revenue tracking and maintaining weekly and monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
The Finance Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and administering the implemented processes and procedures in the Finance Department and will:
- Prepare monthly/misc. invoices according to company practices; submit invoices to customers
- Track outstanding receivables and follow up for payment status with other departments
- Record daily Archtics tickets sales, refunds, transfers in the general ledger and maintain monthly reconciliation file.
- Coordinate the Accounts Payable process, routing invoices through AvidStrongroom and process weekly check run
- Maintain and update vendor files
- Prepare and record bank deposits
- Prepare, input, and post journal entries as needed
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliation reports for select balance sheet accounts
- Assist in managing the operations of the 50/50 Raffle at various events
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter who thrives in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of Accounting/Bookkeeping work experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- Credit Card Processing experience, including daily/monthly statements and chargebacks
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes and other objects up to 25 pounds
- Self-motivated, team player with a great attitude and willingness to work
- The ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
- Bachelor’s Degree or Academic background in Finance, Accounting or Sports Management
- At least three (3) years of Accounting/Bookkeeping work experience
- Prior work experience in the sports business industry
- Corporate Card Administrator experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Great Plains accounting system
- Working knowledge of SalesForce CRM software
- Working knowledge of AvidStrongroom accounts payable management system
Compensation Range: $42,000 – $48,000
This position requires at least forty (40) hours per week and the willingness and ability to work occasional overtime, nights, weekend and/or holidays according to the Florida Citrus Sports events schedule. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit event management organization dedicated to positively impacting the Orlando region while enhancing the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class events, including the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, Pop-Tarts Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, Florida Cup and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position stipulated in the subject line.
At Florida Citrus Sports, equal talent will always get equal opportunity.