Florida Classic Marketing Intern
Type: Seasonal, Stipend; part-time September 12, 2022 – November 22, 2022 (hours vary)
The Marketing Intern will support marketing and promotion for the Florida Blue Florida Classic, serving as an on-campus liaison for Florida Citrus Sports to successfully implement strategies and campaigns for the 2022 event. The position will be required to manage several concurrent projects involving content production, event operations and general office work. This position will report to the Director of Marketing, with additional direction from marketing and communications leads at the respective university.
The Marketing Intern will provide on-campus marketing and administrative support for Florida Citrus Sports. In addition, the Intern will serve as a conduit between Florida Citrus Sports and university marketing and/or athletics staff. This person will manage numerous concurrent projects and recognize all projects are deadline-driven. Specific tasks may include:
- Research. Support marketing and communications as needed with online and traditional research.
- Writing. For various mediums, including social media content, etc.
- Media Relations. Develop media lists and support with outreach.
- Social Media. Produce and execute social media tactics.
- Events. Execution of on-campus grassroots promotion for the Florida Blue Florida Classic at university events.
The Intern will be expected to travel to Orlando during Florida Blue Florida Classic event week for on-site support.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment. Creativity, initiative, organization and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential. The role will be expected to balance the development of “big picture” ideas and the execution of small details and logistics.
- At least two years’ college course of study in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or a related field
- At least six months of experience in a role requiring strong writing/proofreading skills
- At least six months of experience in a role navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- At least six months of experience in a role requiring strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace or similar
- Familiarity with common social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and/or Sprout Social management tool
- Clean driving record and ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes, tables, chairs, and other objects up to 50 pounds
- Familiarity with Associated Press style
- Familiarity with Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- At least six months of experience in a collegiate or pro sports information/media relations operation
- At least six months of experience with media event operations (press conferences, game day media needs, etc.)
- At least six months of experience with project management and collaboration software (Asana, Slack, Egnyte)
This seasonal position runs from September 12 – November 22, 2022. It requires a weekly commitment of up to 15 hours per week, with an increased commitment of 30 hours during homecoming week (B-CU: Oct. 31-Nov. 5; FAMU: Oct. 24-29) and during Florida
Blue Florida Classic event week (Nov. 14-19). The position will be paid a stipend of $3,600 in three monthly installments. The stipend is inclusive of any travel expenses for Florida Blue Florida Classic event week in Orlando.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the position stipulated in the subject line.