Team Hotel Intern (1)
Type: Seasonal, Hourly; Occasional paid meetings/training in early December; full-time approx. December 19, 2022-January 3, 2023 (must be flexible on start date and prepared to work on Christmas and New Year’s Day).
Available Positions: Four (4)
The Team Hotel Intern will stay in the team hotel and be responsible for managing one VIP Hospitality Suite, one Family Suite and one Players’ Suite located in the team hotel. Suites are provided for the players, coaches, athletic department staff and University administrators staying at the team hotel. The Team Hotel Intern will be a part of Team Operations and will serve as an Orlando ambassador for the Cheez-It Bowl and Vrbo Citrus Bowl.
- Ensure all family and players’ suite games and equipment are working properly each day
- Coordinate Breakfast with Santa event on Dec. 25 (Cheez-it Bowl only)
- Turn off/on GOBOs in team hotels, ensuring they are in good working order each day
- Open the Family Suite each morning ensuring that food/beverage are on-time and as-ordered Open the VIP Suite each afternoon and work with bartenders and hotel staff to make sure F&B is correct
- Coordinate suite clean up with hotel housekeeping staff
- Coordinate daily VIP gift delivery and room drops with Bell Captain or other assigned hotel personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- Enrollment in a degree program for Sport Management, Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management, or related field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in events, food service or hospitality preferred
- Knowledge of college football and football conferences preferred
- Knowledge of local community and Orlando area preferred
- Clean driving record and ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes, tables, chairs, and other objects up to 50 pounds
This is a paid seasonal position, and the start dates are dependent upon team arrivals. Candidates should be prepared and willing to work full-time from December 19, 2022-January 3, 2023. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $15/hr. and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday workweek.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to email@example.com with the position stipulated in the subject line. Positions will be open until filled.