Team Selection Committee/Team Support Intern
Type: Seasonal, Hourly
Available Positions: 1
Timing: 20 hours/week July 15, 2022 – January 6, 2023
The Team Selection Committee intern will assist the Customer Relations department with day-to-day operations relating to the Team Selection Committee. Beginning in late November this position will transition to supporting Team Operations and activities related to team practice sites, locker rooms and stadium needs.
- Assist with incoming member service calls/emails pertaining to the Team Selection Committee
- Assist Member Services Coordinator with member account updates, tracking member communication and activities within Salesforce
- Prepare weekly scout packets for on the road scouts
- Attend & assist with weekly Team Selection Committee Meetings
- Answer scout’s questions via phone calls and emails regarding game assignments
- Manage open game database
- Support CRM processes across Florida Citrus Sports including day-to-day support with other departments including the Sales, Ticketing and Marketing departments
- Coordinate with practice site directors at each of the (4) locations; this includes securing and payment for field rental, equipment rental, field painting, field mowing, and all deliveries
- Coordinate with teams to procure and return all endzone stencils
- Coordinate with teams for any pre-game or post-game meals; ensure list of caterers is current
- Procure ice, towels, shampoo, body wash and all other supplies needed for team locker rooms
- Submit and distribute credentials for Net Crew and Team Support volunteers
- Ensure Coaches’ booths are game-ready and stocked
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- College background in Sport Management, Event or Hospitality Management
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Ability to lift moderate-to-heavy event supplies occasionally up to 25 pounds
- The ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
This position requires the willingness and ability to work occasional nights, weekends and/or holidays according to the Florida Citrus Sports events schedule. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
This is a seasonal position and runs from July 15, 2022 to January 6, 2023. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $15/hr.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit event management organization dedicated to positively impacting the Orlando region while enhancing the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, Florida Cup and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to email@example.com with Team Selection Committee/Team Support Intern stipulated in the subject line.