Team Support Intern
Type: Seasonal, Hourly
Available Positions: 1
This position supports Bowl team activities related to team practice sites, locker rooms and stadium needs.
The Team Support Intern will provide support in preparation for and execution of the following:
- Coordinate with practice site directors at each of the (4) locations; this includes securing and payment for field rental, equipment rental, field painting, field mowing, and all deliveries
- Coordinate with teams to procure and return all endzone stencils
- Coordinate with teams for any pre-game or post-game meals; ensure the list of caterers is current
- Procure ice, towels, shampoo, body wash and all other supplies needed for team locker rooms
- Submit and distribute credentials for Net Crew and Team Support volunteers
- Ensure Coaches’ booths are game-ready and stocked
- All other duties as assigned
Florida Citrus Sports is looking for a detail-oriented self-starter, who possesses excellent writing, proofreading, and computer skills. Strong organizational skills, problem-solving and the ability to get things done under pressure are essential. This person will interact with a variety of people and represent FCSports accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Smartsheet
- Experience in managing a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong writing/proofreading skills
- Enrollment in a degree program for Sport Management, Marketing, Business, Hospitality Management, or related field; possessing or working towards a post-graduate/master’s degree is not required but is highly preferred
- Knowledge of hotels and the hospitality industry is a plus
- Knowledge of the local community and Orlando area is a plus
- Clean driving record
This is a seasonal position and begins October 30, 2023, through January 26, 2024. The position requires the flexibility to work scheduled nights/weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season and Christmas and New Year’s Day. The position will be paid at a rate of $15/hr. and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked more than 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit event management organization dedicated to positively impacting the Orlando region while enhancing the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, Florida Cup and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to email@example.com with the position stipulated in the subject line. Positions will be open until filled.