Volunteer & Events Coordinator
Type: Full Time, Hourly
The Volunteer and Events Coordinator will be a part of the daily operations of the Events Department helping to successfully plan and manage current and new events for Florida Citrus Sports. This position requires the candidate to oversee the management and execution of the volunteer program, and to assist in the planning and execution of member based events as well as events related to the Florida Blue Florida Classic, the Cheez-it Bowl and the Vrbo Citrus Bowl. This position will also support the Customer Relations Management & Operations departments as needed. This position reports directly to the Director of Events.
Volunteer Program Responsibilities
Oversee all aspects of our Volunteer program including but not limited to:
- Management and coordination of Florida Citrus Sports’ robust volunteer program, including:
- Management of online volunteer system and assignment of volunteer shifts
- Training and orientation opportunities for all volunteers
- Plan and manage volunteer recruitment events
- Maintenance of records, noting volunteer hours for those who require them
- Assist the Marketing and Communication department with management of Facebook group and execution of Newsletter
- Coordination of all volunteer meals on event days
- Coordination of volunteer kickoff and appreciation events
Responsible for assisting in the direction, supervision, coordination and implementation of all aspects of Florida Citrus Sports Events assigned, including but not limited to:
- Feast on the 50
- Member Events
- Member Celebration
- Florida Blue Florida Classic Kick-off Luncheon
- Team Arrivals
- Sideline Wine & Dine
- Day for Kids
- Pop Warner Championships
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Hospitality or Event Management plus two (2) year’s experience or equivalent work experience in related field
- At least (1) year experience in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment as well as dependability.
- Willingness to work long hours required at times.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy event supplies frequently up to 25 pounds
- Self-motivated, team player with enthusiasm and a great attitude
- All other duties as assigned by Chief Customer Officer and Director of Events.
- The ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
This position requires at least forty hours per week and the willingness and ability to work overtime, nights and weekends, including the December holiday season according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule, and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn.: Volunteer & Events Coordinator