Volunteer & Events Intern
Type: Seasonal, Hourly; part-time (20 hrs/week) June 1 – August 31; full-time (40 hrs/week) September 1 – January 12, 2024
The Volunteer & Events Intern will assist the Volunteer and Events Coordinator with the management and execution of the volunteer program and will assist both the Senior Director of Events and the Volunteer and Events Coordinator with various event logistics associated with member-based events, Florida Blue Florida Classic, Cheez-It Bowl and the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl.
Assist in all aspects of our Volunteer program, including but not limited to:
- Managing all volunteers associated with Florida Citrus Sports
- Training sessions and orientations for all volunteers
- Maintain records of volunteer hours for those that require them
- Providing content and monitoring information on website, social media and newsletter
- Manage online volunteer system and volunteer shifts
- Organize all volunteer meals on event days
- Plan Volunteer Kickoff Party and assist with ideas for Volunteer Appreciation Party
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Minimum one (1) previous internship within the sports industry or event Hospitality field
- Academic background in Sport Management, Hospitality and Event Management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift moderate-to-heavy event supplies frequently up to 25 pounds
- Self-motivated team player with enthusiasm and a great attitude
- Experience in prioritizing a heavy workload
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Clean driving record and the ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
This seasonal position runs from Thursday, June 1, 2023 – Friday, January 12, 2024. Candidates must be able to commit to working part-time from the start date and transition to full-time from approximately September 1, 2023, until January 12, 2024. The position will be paid hourly and requires the willingness and ability to work overtime, nights and weekends, including the December holiday season and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development, and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Volunteerjobs@fcsports.com with the position stipulated in the subject line.