Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
The Marketing Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department helping to successfully implement promotional tactics for Florida Citrus Sports’ events through marketing and digital platforms, including advertising, websites and social media. This position requires the candidate to manage several projects and includes content production (copywriting and graphic design), event and grassroots marketing, ad trafficking and general office work. This position will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the department, more specifically implementing digital, grassroots and traffic projects as part of the overall marketing and advertising plan. The assistant will produce a wide variety of sales, digital media and marketing materials including printed publications, flyers, and promotional materials for both print, web and social applications. The assistant will support in video and content production for company communications platforms (including print collateral, web, e-mail and social). This position will also assist with weekly marketing status reports; manage marketing budget; work closely with other departments (Events, Sales, and Communications) and vendors to assist with any marketing materials needed.
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills and creativity along with initiative, resourcefulness and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members to achieve departmental goals.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Digital Media or related field
- Demonstrated expertise using the following design software:
- Adobe Creative Suite: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Working knowledge of HTML and web design
- Familiarity with common social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience in navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Copywriting, creative strategy & brand marketing experience a plus
- Proficiency in shooting basic video such as interviews and b-roll of events
- Experience in basic video editing
- Strong writing/proofreading skills and familiarity with Associated Press style
- Experience with project management and collaboration software (Asana, Slack, Egnyte)
This seasonal position runs from Tuesday, September 5, 2017 through Wednesday, January 3, 2018. The position requires up to forty hours per week with the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends according to the Florida Citrus Sports event schedule. The position requires the ability to work during the December holiday season. The position will be paid at a rate of $9.00/hour.