Type: Seasonal, Hourly, full-time (40hrs/week) July 19 – Jan. 14, 2022
The Marketing & Communications Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the Marketing & Communications department, helping to successfully implement strategies that promote Florida Citrus Sports’ services, events and initiatives. The position will be required to manage several concurrent projects involving campaign deliverables, content production, media and public relations, event operations, budget maintenance and general office work. This position will report to the Manager of Marketing & Communications.
The Assistant will execute daily operations of the organization’s internal and external marketing and communications plans. Responsibilities include coordination of communications and marketing materials, including printed publications, marketing collateral and media credential fulfillment. The assistant will be expected to assist in content production for company communications platforms (including web, e-mail and social). In addition, the assistant will support projects in membership sales, customer service, business development, fundraising and all other duties as assigned. This position will manage numerous concurrent projects and recognize all projects are deadline-driven.
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment. Organization, initiative, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential. The role will be expected to balance the development of “big picture” ideas and execution of small details and logistics.
- College degree or comparable experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or a related field
- Strong writing/proofreading skills
- Experience in navigating a heavy workload to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with common social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and/or Sprout Social management tool
- Clean driving record and ability to travel throughout the local Central Florida area
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes, tables, chairs, and other objects up to 50 pounds
- Familiarity with Associated Press style
- Familiarity with Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Familiarity with HTML editing and web content management systems, especially WordPress
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms, especially Pardot
- Experience in a collegiate or pro sports information/media relations operation OR a professional public relations setting
- Experience with media event operations (press conferences, game day media needs, etc.)
- Experience with project management and collaboration software (Asana, Slack, Egnyte)
- Experience with creative strategy & brand management
This is a seasonal position and runs from Monday, July 12, 2021 – Friday, January 14, 2022. It requires the willingness and ability to work overtime, nights and weekends, including the December holiday season. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of $12 and is eligible for overtime pay for hours in excess of 40 hours/week based on a Sunday – Saturday work week.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check and motor vehicle driving check.
About Florida Citrus Sports
Florida Citrus Sports is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to increasing community spirit and pride, promoting tourism, stimulating economic development and ultimately benefiting charities, educational institutions and the quality of life in Central Florida through world-class sports and entertainment events, including the Vrbo Citrus Bowl, Cheez It Bowl, Camping World Kickoff, and Florida Blue Florida Classic.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the position stipulated in the subject line.