With COVID-19 restrictions loosening, Orlando is beginning to open back up, allowing tourists and locals to get out and see the city. Orlando is an incredible place for friends and family to gather to attend see special events, such as Fourth of July parades and other July events, see live music, live entertainment, go to theme parks, and festivals, watch spectacular fireworks, and enjoy everything the city has to offer.
Though the weather in Central Florida in July can reach temperatures between 90 degrees and 93 degrees, the July weather can also bring rain in the afternoon. Always remember to pack appropriately for the potential heat and rain in the Orlando area will in July.
Orlando has a few different sports teams that both locals and tourists support. However, in recent years, soccer has become increasingly popular in the area. Soccer has become so popular, in fact, that we now have an annual international soccer tournament held at Camping World Stadium.
The Florida Cup is an international soccer tournament held every year since 2014. The tournament’s goal is to bring together top teams from around the world to play each other in exciting matches. There are four matches this year, to be played on July 25, 2021, and July 28, 2021. The match-ups are:
The winners of the two matches will play each other in the final on July 28, 2021, and the losers will play each other on July 28, 2021.
The event also puts together various things that attendees can do, including games during the week that are fun for both kids and adults alike!
Orlando City Soccer Club
This soccer team is a professional soccer club based in Orlando, Florida. The team competes in the Eastern Conference in Major League Soccer (MLS). The team started to play in 2015, though it was founded on November 19, 2013, and was the 21st team in MLS. The team has three home games in July, on July 3rd, July 22nd, and July 30th. Buy tickets in advance for the best seats!
Orlando Pride Soccer Club
Orlando Pride is Orlando’s professional women’s soccer club. They joined the National Women’s Soccer League in 2016, the tenth team in the league. The Orlando Pride soccer team has three home games in July, on July 4th, July 9th, and July 24th. Buy your tickets now and come cheer on these amazing athletes!
4th of July in Orlando
The 4th of July is always a big holiday, and now that the city is opening back up, our Independence Day celebrations will be resuming this year. Orlando hosts free events, concerts, and other fun things to do both day and night.
This is an event put on by Legoland on July 3rd and 4th. This July Celebration will feature spectacular fireworks, great food, and exciting music.
This is a summer-time fireworks show put on by SeaWorld. Though it is not specific to July 4th, fireworks will be shown on that day. Other select dates are on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from May 28th through Labor Day Weekend.
This is a smaller, local 4th of July celebration in Central Winds Park. Bring your blanket or lawn chair to this Winter Springs tradition with a wide range of vendors and entertainment. At the end of the night, Duke Energy will present the Fireworks Spectacular display.
This annual fireworks event at Lake Eola Park was canceled in 2020 but has now been confirmed for this year.
Don’t miss out on this collection of events! It is always a good idea to stay up-to-date with details of these events to ensure that event organizers have not made any changes to the event plans.
Food, Drinks, and the Arts
Restaurants and bars are opening up, so whether you want to sit inside with some AC or soak up the sun outside, get out and check out these great food and drink events in Orlando.
Restaurant-hop around Orlando, trying out some of the best foods at the best restaurants for only $30. From June 1st through August 1st, Orlando has expanded its “restaurant week” to “restaurant two full months”! The culinary experiences will highlight the best local chefs and restaurants throughout Central Florida.
The restaurants will have prix fixe menus offering multi-course dinners for just $30. You can try multiple dishes at each restaurant for a fraction of the cost. Some of the participating restaurants include:
- 310 Lakeside
- 310 Park South
- 534 Scratch Kitchen
- American Social
- Artisan’s Table
- Aurora at the Celeste
- Bites and Bubbles
- Blu on the Avenue
- Bulla Gastrobar
- Cafe Tu Tu Tango
- Cress Restaurant
- Delaney’s Tavern
- Hocca Orlando
- Kabooki Sushi
- Kabooki Sushi Sand Lake
- La Boucherie
- Mai Thai
- Maxine’s On Shine
- Mia’s Italian Kitchen
- Ootoya Sushi Lounge
- Outpost Kitchen, Bar & Provisions
- Public Aprons Dr. Phillips
- Publix Aprons Winter Park
- Reel Fish
- Something Fishy
- Tapa Toro
- Taverna OPA
- The Back Room Steakhouse
- The Boheme
- The Pub Orlando
- The Ravenous Pig
- The Whiskey
- Vinia Wine & Kitchen
- Wine 4 Oysters
For any restaurants that offer take-out, an additional $5 will be added to your bill.
Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards hosts fun outdoor events every weekend where patrons can enjoy the winery’s expansive vineyard green, eat delicious food, experience live entertainment, and drink delicious Lakeridge wines. You can bring your own lawn chairs and fill up on drinks at the outdoor bar.
The July lineup includes the area’s top entertainments at the winery’s outdoor stage, which has existed for 30 years:
- Saturday, July 3rd from noon to 4:00 pm -Beautiful Bobby Blackmon
- Sunday, July 4th from noon to 4:00 pm – Joe Hand
- Saturday, July 10th from noon to 4:00 pm – Laurie and Rusty Wright Duo
- Sunday, July 11th from noon to 4:00 pm – Jeff Whitfield
- Saturday, July 17th from noon to 4:00 pm – Dave Capp and France Neil
- Sunday, July 18th from noon to 4:00 pm – Ronnie Duncan
- Saturday, July 24th from noon to 4:00 pm – Kelly Jarrard
- Sunday, July 25th from noon to 4:00 pm – Allie Sawicki
- Saturday, July 31st from noon to 4:00 pm – The Essentials
Enjoy food from Lakeridge Food Court, Twistee Treat, and Lakeridge Cheese Trays while you enjoy the wonderful wines and live music!
This theater shows classic movies, kids’ movies, and recorded theatrical performances. You can watch these films and performances both indoors and outdoors.
You can check out the following events in July:
- July 8th at 8:00 pm, Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Men In Black
- July 10th at 12:00 pm, Saturday Matinee Classics – Band of Outsiders
- July 11th at 12:00 pm, Uncomfortable Brunch – Bamboozled
- July 13th at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – Paddington
- July 13th at 9:30 pm, Cult Classics – Last Action Hero
- July 14th at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
- July 15th at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – March of the Penguins
- July 17th at 11:00 am, Ballet on the Big Screen – The Sleeping Beauty (La Scala)
- July 18th at 1:00 pm, Special Programs – Central Florida Film Slam
- July 19th at 9:30 pm, Music Mondays – Moby Doc
- July 20th at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – Jason and the Argonauts
- July 21st at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – The Rugrats movie
- July 22nd at 11:30 am, KidFest Film Series – The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking
- July 27th at 9:30 pm, Cult Classics – Easy A
Theme Parks and Other Things To Do
Orlando’s theme parks are probably some of the most well-known theme parks in the world. Plan your trip to visit some of the most exciting theme parks in the world, all in Orlando.
Universal Orlando and the Universal Orlando resort are home to Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay, and CityWalk. You can ride adventurous rollercoasters, attend shows, and dine all within the park.
Walt Disney World is a 43-square-mile theme park complex in Orlando. There are multiple different theme parks under the Disney name such as:
- Magic Kingdom – Magic Kingdom is a theme park within Disney World that includes classic attractions, musical parades, Disney characters, and much more.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney Springs – This is an expansive shopping, dining, and entertainment area outside of the parks that has no entrance fee.
Since so many families have kids who are out of school in the month of July, the parks can be hectic at times. To ensure you don’t waste your Saturday afternoon, check out Disney’s latest updates and information so you know what to expect and what to bring with you.
This private science museum provides experience-based opportunities for all visitors to have to learn about science and technology. They offer interactive experiences for anyone from toddlers all the way up to adults! Check out their home page linked above to see the different activities that are available for each age group. The museum is open every day from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Plan Your Trip to Orlando
The month of July is filled with so many fun activities for individuals and families in the Orlando area. Whether you enjoy live Orlando’s theme parks, music, a Fourth of July Concert, live entertainment, or good food and wine, there is something for every member of the family. In addition to all of the major attractions, Orlando has plenty of things to do besides theme parks. Experience all of the amazing things that Orlando has to offer by planning your trip today.