Distance from Memorial Stadium: 77 Miles
Address: 61 Terminal Dr Ste 1, Fletcher, NC 28732
Airlines: Allegiant, American Airlines, United, Delta, JetBlue, Sun Country Airlines.Visit Website
Distance from Memorial Stadium: 131 Miles
Address: 5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28208
Airlines: Air Canada, American Airlines, Contour, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country Airlines, United, Volaris.Visit Website
Distance from Memorial Stadium: 132 Miles
Address: 6000 N Terminal Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30320
Airlines: Alaskan Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, United, JetBlue, Frontier, Southern Airways Express, Southwest, Spirit.
Scout Tip: It is very expensive to fly in closer to Clemson. Saved a lot of money by flying into Atlanta and driving 2 hours to the game.Visit Website
Distance from Memorial Stadium: 48.7 Miles
Address: 2000 Gsp Dr, Greer, SC 29651
Airlines: Allegiant, American Airlines, United, Delta, Southwest, Silver Airways, Breeze Airways, Avelo Airlines.Visit Website
- We made our way directly to the press box. Most of the media had already been there and moved on to their seating. It didn’t lead to very much engagement since the seating arrangements were in rows and not easily accessible for any conversation engagement. Also wanted to respect their space and workflow. Interestingly, hardly anyone left their area during the game.
- Most interactions and conversations with media, press box personnel, and fans centered around the Pop-Tarts partnership and explaining the change with Cheez It and Pop-Tarts in their alignment with the two bowl games.
- The downtown area of Clemson near the stadium is really nice. There are plenty of restaurants and shops to wander through.
- The university allows fans onto the field after the game. It was a nice experience to take photos and take in the stadium.
- An afternoon or night game can offer a ton of experiences from restaurant and local spots The city is small enough where you can explore so much of it.
- Traffic is pretty intense both before and after the game. They do change the traffic patterns but do expect to wait a while to get home.
- The team running down the hill was one of the more exciting things I have experienced while scouting a game.
- They did not promote field access, but it was allowed. If you are on the field at the end of the game be aware that student rush the field after every win.
- Coach Dabo takes a very long time to show up for his post-game press conference. It started nearly two hours after the game ended.
- We arrived at campus 2.5 hours before kick-off but took 45 minutes to an hour to get to Media Parking.
- Printed passes were not provided, no directions, and media lot not labeled. Best GPS locator; “Southwest Corner of Perimeter Road and Old Stadium Road. The building name is – Clemson University – Administrative Services & Surplus & Receiving.
- Stay downtown, if possible, for the best experience.
- Use a golf cart taxi to get to the stadium, as parking is tricky.
The best Mexican food we have ever had. We got a grande burrito with grilled steak and chicken quesadilla, and both were bomb! So much flavor!!! The portions were generous, and the leftovers were just as amazing as fresh. We got a carry out and it was extremely fast as well. Highly recommend it! -Yelp
We just visited Nick & Mike on a whim & were so very happy we did. The carnivore was happy, and the vegetarian was also happy with the options. Mozzarella sticks were good, but the Bruschetta was out of this world! My partner got the Po’boy with yummy, seasoned fries and destroyed it while I got one of the yummiest Beyond Burgers I’ve had in a long time (topped w/ bbq sauce, cheddar cheese & onion rings) Chef’s Kiss Truly. Can’t wait to return. -Yelp
SITES TO SEE
The team’s stadium entry, Tiger Walk, begins at the Rogers Family Lot (Lot 5) two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
Scout Tips: Clemson made a beautiful brick paved entrance leading up to the stadium for the Tiger Walk.Visit Website